Frankincense (Boswellia Carterii) brings up exotic thoughts of India, sand, incense, perfume, and gifts to babies born in stables. It is a valuable essence used for centuries to treat a variety of illnesses as well as for cosmetics and fragrances. It’s scent has warm, sweet pungent notes that make you feel warm and healthy.
Combines well with:
Sandalwood, Pine, Vetiver, Geranium, Lavender, Bergamot, Basil, Clove Bud, Orange, Red Mandarin, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, Cypress, Elemi, Galbanum, Juniper Berry, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose
Points of interest
- Frankincense can be used in a diffuser, bath, massage, taken internally, and applied to the body.
- To take internally, put a few drops in gel capsules, fill the rest with Olive Oil, and swallow the capsule with a full meal. This is to boost the immune system. (If you are completely new to oils, wait to do that until you are little more used to it, though.)
- One of the most important oils used for skin care.
- You can massage a few drops into your feet every night to help boost your immune system.
Non-toxic, non-irritating, and non-sensitizing, is safe for all skin types.
- Because of its remarkable rejuvenating and healing properties, this oil needs to be in every personal collection of oils.
- The best Frankincense comes from Oman and is often called Sacred Frankincense. You can also get very fine Frankincense from Somalia and India.
- You can combine it with a few spice oils to create a holiday fragrance to diffuse. Open the bottles and smell them together to see how you like the scent before you mix them.
- It is often used in the treatment of cancer in dogs.
- It is one of the finest oils for ritual use.
- Add 4 drops Frankincense and 2 drops Tea Tree to a hot compress and use to heal infected skin. (10)
- Mainly you should inhale the scent and see how it makes you feel. That’s a great way to get started. And have fun with it!
Here are a few recipes involving Frankincense. Use these as a starting point to give you ideas on how to come up with your own that are uniquely suited to you. You can use any of the Frankincense oils we have for these blends.
*Please note: With any recipe’s involving bath or massage blends, always test on a small part of your skin first before using all over your body. Please be sure your skin can handle the blend before being covered in it.
Revitalizing Facial Moisturizer
- 8 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Fennel Seed
- 5 drops Frankincense
- 1 ounce F.C.O. (Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- 1 ounce Jojoba
Mix all ingredients together and store in a dark colored, glass bottle. Massage 1 teaspoon to cleansed face.
Diffuse when you need some time to be calm.
Dry Hands Night Treatment
- 4 drops Orange
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Sandalwoods
- 3 tablespoons F.C.O.
Use at night before going to bed. Apply mixture generously over hands. Massage thoroughly. Put on a pair of 100% cotton gloves and wear overnight. In morning, massage hands thoroughly once again before washing.
- 8 drops Blend of Jasmine
- 4 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Sandalwood
- 2 ounces F.C.O.
Mix all ingredients in a 2 ounce, dark colored glass bottle. Use to enhance the connection between you and your partner.
Stimulate the Mind
- 3 drops Black Pepper
- 5 drops Rosemary
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 2 ounces F.C.O.
- 1 ounce Shea Butter
Melt shea butter. Stir in F.C.O. and while cooling, add essential oils. Stir well, add to container and allow to cool completely. Close lid tightly and label. Massage into neck and shoulders while studying, in the m oring before school or work, or any time you need mental stimulation.
Here is what our friends have said about Frankincense on facebook:
- SDM: “It’s great for skin, especially wrinkles.”
- ARM: ” I massage it into my neck and shoulders. It is a comforting scent for me when I can’t sleep.”
- TSG: “I mix it in my moisturizing cream every morning.”
- MMP: “I like rub it into my temples for eye problems.”
- KH: “I use it with Lavender to remove moles. I also use it as a pain reliever for joints riddled with Lyme, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.”
- DSP: “Frankincense!!! Smells good and I mix it with Dr. Mercola’s organic cream and put it under my eyes. It’s anti-inflammatory.”
- CF: “I also mix Frankincense with Orange & Turmeric, twice a day…helps fight against cancer!”
- SG: “I will put it and Sandalwood, Clove Bud and Cinnamon Bark on the bottoms of my feet to make my immune system stronger.”
How do you like to use Frankincense? It’s an incredible oil. Please share with us in the comment section at the bottom of the page! Everyone would like to know.