Experience the benefits of CBD with the delicious taste of chocolate goodness. This easy DIY CBD chocolate recipe uses ingredients you probably already have in the house. These little chocolates are the perfect way to get your daily dose of CBD in or would make an adorable gift for someone who loves CBD.
Chill Out CBD Chocolate Truffles
Makes about 20 servings
- 10ml (10 full droppers) Essential Health CBD Oil
- 4oz 70% cacao bar, chopped
- 2 ¼ tbsp unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces
- A pinch of sea salt
- ⅛ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Zest of orange (optional)
- In a double boiler over gently simmering water, place the chocolate, CBD, and butter. Stir often until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to harden.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge, and allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to slightly soften.
- Spread the unsweetened cocoa powder and orange zest along the bottom of a shallow cake pan.
- Scoop the chocolate with a small melon scooper or spoon to form a round truffle 1 inch in diameter. Place the truffle in the pan, and roll the truffle through the cocoa and zest until it is coated.
- Place finished truffles in an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Each truffle will be about ½ dropper or .5ml of CBD.