It’s 7am — the birds are singing, your alarm is buzzing, and it’s finally time to start getting ready for a brand new day. But while some people are busy choosing their outfit or finishing up their early morning exercises, many of us believe that the morning has not begun until the coffee pot is brewing our favorite beverage.
But next time you’re itching to wrap your fingers around a hot cup of coffee, consider adding a dose of Full-Spectrum CBD Oil to your brew. CBD and coffee work especially well together to help get your day started off on the right foot. Not only does CBD help ease anxiety and stress, but it is also a great way to relieve pain and reduce inflammation within the body. Pair this with the energizing benefits of coffee, and you have the perfect drink for the beginning of your day. For inspiration, check out the following ways to create CBD coffeehouse favorites in the comfort of your own home:
CBD Coffeehouse Favorites
CBD Café Mocha
A classic for coffee and chocolate lovers everywhere, this popular beverage is the perfect companion for any early morning activity. Consider experimenting with the cocoa and sugar to find your desired level of sweetness for a truly scrumptious start to your day.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Brewed Coffee
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 10ml Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large coffee mug, combine coffee, vanilla, cocoa powder, sugar, and CBD oil together. Stir well.
- In a microwave-safe container, heat ¼ cup of milk in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Carefully pour hot milk into the mug, and stir to incorporate.
- Sip and enjoy.
Add a dollop of your favorite whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder or cinnamon to take your DIY mocha to the next level. Yum!
Made up of ⅓ espresso and ⅔ of steamed milk, this beloved and frothy coffeehouse favorite can be found on nearly any café menu you come across.
What You’ll Need:
- Add your espresso shots and CBD oil to a small- to medium-sized mug.
- Add ½ cup of milk to a microwave-safe cup, and use the milk frother for around 3 minutes, or until the texture is smooth and velvety.
- Add the cup of frothed milk to the microwave, and cook on high for 30 seconds at 10-second intervals.
- Carefully pour the frothed mixture onto the top of the espresso, taking care to add extra foam to the top.
Don’t have a milk frother at home? Fill a sealable jar halfway with your choice of milk, and shake for about 2 minutes with the lid tightly shut. Remove the lid, and place in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the milk is hot. Now you’re left with foamy goodness that you can add to any drink.
CBD Vanilla Latte
With the perfect touch of creamy sweetness, this coffeehouse staple is bound to become a must-have for your early morning routine. Substitute vanilla with your favorite flavoring to make a delicious, CBD-infused drink that is sure to be the highlight of your day.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 shot of Espresso, or ¼ cup of Strongly Brewed Coffee
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla-Flavored Syrup
- 10ml of Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- In a large mug, add espresso or coffee, CBD oil, and vanilla flavoring. Stir.
- Add milk to a microwave-safe cup, and use the milk frother for around 3 minutes, or until the texture is smooth and velvety. Microwave until hot and foamy.
- Holding back the foam with a spoon, carefully pour the milk mixture into the mug until ¾ way full.
- Spoon remaining foam onto the top of the drink, and enjoy.
Get the perfect foam consistency by switching up your milk’s fat content. Try whole milk for a velvety and rich foam, or substitute for low-fat milk for a foamier beverage.
Stop, Sip, and Enjoy!
Congratulations! You’re now an honorary barista of delicious CBD coffeehouse beverages! Next time you’re searching for another way to get your CBD dosage outside of pills, capsules, or tinctures, consider including your full-spectrum CBD oil into your early morning mug of coffee to naturally activate your endocannabinoid system while also getting your much-needed caffeine fix.