Now that the school year has started and temperatures continue to dip, many of us are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to break out our favorite fall sweaters and sip on seasonal pumpkin spice lattes. But though we fondly look forward to autumn, it’s important to prepare our bodies for the transition from summer to fall.
Our recommendation? Keep your lips supported, healthy, and happy by making your very own CBD-infused lip balm. CBD is a great option for skin and lip care, as it offers powerful anti-inflammatory properties, soothes irritations, increases hydration, and is great for all skin types. Include a few essential oils to personalize your lip balm, and create a fall must-have that you (and your lips) will love!
DIY CBD Lip Balm
Yield: About 12 lip balm containers
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons Shea Butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax
- 250mg (about 5 full droppers) 5x Strength CBD Oil
- 6 drops Essential Oils (We recommend Bergamot FCF or Lavender)
- Lip Balm Containers
- Double Boiler
- In your double boiler, add water to the bottom section and place over medium heat.
- In the top section, combine shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax.
- Allow the ingredients to melt, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture begins to lightly boil, turn off the heat and add CBD oil and preferred essential oils. Stir to combine.
- Place all lip balm containers on a flat, even surface to be filled.
- Using a pipette, carefully fill each container with the hot mixture and allow to cool. The balm will begin to solidify in just a few minutes.
- Once solid, replace the lids and store in a cool, dark place until ready for use.